(1) These Terms Of Business have arisen and been completed at K.J.REGISTRATIONS premises and apply to all business transactions carried out by K.J.REGISTRATIONS. No verbal conditions, guarantees or changes implied or expressed will have effect on these Terms Of Business unless written and signed by a K.J.REGISTRATIONS signatory. The standard phonetic alphabet will be used by K.J.REGISTRATIONS employees to refer to registration combinations at the time of submitting for entry on our sales database and at the time of purchase of a registration.
(2) K.J.REGISTRATIONS will advertise the registration on behalf of the vendor free of charge until a purchaser is found provided that the vendor abides by these terms and conditions.
(3) If the vendor decides to withdraw the registration for any reason he / she must notify K.J.REGISTRATIONS by registered post. If the vendor does not inform K.J.REGISTRATIONS before a purchaser is found then the vendor shall be liable to pay any costs incurred by K.J.REGISTRATIONS including any commission which would have been gained by K.J.REGISTRATIONS on the sale of the registration.
(4) A purchaser shall be deemed to be found as soon as K.J.REGISTRATIONS receives a part payment by cheque, cash (sent by registered post), postal order or Paypal (The maximum payment we accept by Paypal is £500.00). At this point the vendor agrees to submit their documents to K.J.REGISTRATIONS to start the transfer / retention / assignment of the registration.
(5) A registration can be reserved and held for a purchaser upon K.J.REGISTRATIONS receiving a part payment of £100.00 by cheque, cash (sent by registered post), postal order or Paypal (The maximum payment we accept by Paypal is £500.00). Before the documents are submitted to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency we shall require the full balance by cheque, cash (sent by registered post), postal order or Paypal (The maximum payment we accept by Paypal is £500.00). K.J.REGISTRATIONS operate a first come, first served basis of selling and no registration can be held without us receiving part or full payment.
(6) The purchaser must make sure he / she is happy with their choice of registration as under the distance selling regulations we must notify you that our service begins immediately upon payment being taken, subsequently no cooling off period, exchanges or refunds are given after purchase.
(7) The purchaser agrees to submit recipient vehicle documents and the full balance payable within 14 days of the date of the part payment, unless otherwise agreed in writing. If after 14 days from the date of receiving the part payment the purchaser has not paid the balance due or changed his / her mind to purchase or is unable to provide suitable vehicle documentation to enable the transfer / retention / assignment application to continue K.J.REGISTRATIONS shall be entitled to re-release the registration for sale without further notice and without refund of part payment / full payment to the purchaser. In this event K.J.REGISTRATIONS reserve the right to pursue for "loss of earnings". The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency transfer fee (currently £80.00) or the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency retention / assignment fee (currently £80.00) is required in addition to the registration price. The transfer fee will be paid by cheque made payable to DVLA Swansea and submitted to K.J.REGISTRATIONS. The retention / assignment fee will be paid by cheque made payable to K.J.REGISTRATIONS and submitted to K.J.REGISTRATIONS. The transfer / retention / assignment fee shall be refundable in the event of a transfer / retention / assignment failure caused by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency and the refund shall be the full responsibility of the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency.
(8) When a purchaser is found for the registration K.J.REGISTRATIONS will arrange with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency for the transfer / retention / assignment of the registration. However it is the responsibility of the vendor to make sure the donor vehicle meets the requirements needed for a transfer / retention, i.e. MOT (if applicable), road tax (if applicable) and to present the donor vehicle to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency for inspection, at their own expense, if requested to do so. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to make sure that the recipient vehicle has a MOT (if applicable), that the vehicle has road tax or will be subject to an application for road tax at the time of transfer / assignment and to present the recipient vehicle to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency for inspection, at their own expense, if requested to do so.
(9) K.J.REGISTRATIONS will not be held responsible for any expense incurred by the vendor if the purchaser fails to go ahead with the transfer / retention / assignment. Similarly K.J.REGISTRATIONS will not be held responsible for any expense incurred by the purchaser if the vendor fails to go ahead with the transfer / retention / assignment.
(10) Both the vendor and the purchaser agree to be bound to the terms and conditions as set out by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency in addition to those as set out by K.J.REGISTRATIONS. K.J.REGISTRATIONS undertakes to submit all transfer / retention / assignment applications in accordance with these terms and conditions but cannot be held responsible for errors or omissions by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency.
(11) It must be understood that the transfer / retention / assignment application cannot be submitted by K.J.REGISTRATIONS to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency until the purchaser has paid in full for the registration and forwarded all the necessary documents to K.J.REGISTRATIONS. Also the vendor must submit the necessary documents to K.J.REGISTRATIONS. Once the application has been submitted by K.J.REGISTRATIONS to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency the transfer / retention / assignment procedure normally takes between four and six weeks for a transfer and retention but between three and four weeks for an assignment. K.J.REGISTRATIONS cannot guarantee any specific time for the entire transaction.
(12) K.J.REGISTRATIONS accept no responsibility for delays or failure caused by the postal system, electronic mail, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency, the vendor (the person we rely on to fulfil his / her obligation to sell and transfer / retain / assign when the registration is being sold on a commission basis), the purchaser, any unforeseen circumstances or for any failure or delay on the part of the donor or the recipient vehicles. In the unlikely event of the donor vehicle failing to meet the requirements of the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency a full refund shall be given to the purchaser. This agreement is not subject to cancellation. Any refunds made or agreed are at the sole discretion of K.J.REGISTRATIONS.
(13) In the case of failure of the transfer / retention / assignment any payment received will be refunded in full, provided the failure is through no fault of the purchaser. K.J.REGISTRATIONS will accept no responsibility for any losses or disappointment, howsoever arisen, in case of failure, other than specified. K.J.REGISTRATIONS liability is strictly limited to a refund only and no claims for damages, interest on money paid, interest charges or any other expenses will be entertained. If for any reason the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency revokes the transfer / retention / assignment then K.J.REGISTRATIONS shall not be liable for any expense incurred by the vendor or the purchaser whatsoever.
(14) The purchaser is only acquiring a right to apply for transfer / retention / assignment of the registration number to his / her recipient vehicle or to a retention document. The transaction shall be deemed to be successfully concluded when the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency issue the replacement V5 Registration Document for the recipient vehicle in the new registration mark or upon the issuing of a V778 Retention Certificate or V750 Certificate of Entitlement. Subsequent transfers / retentions / assignments shall be the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
(15) Registration plates for the registration being transferred / retained / assigned are not supplied by K.J.REGISTRATIONS. Number plates showing the purchased registration must not be acquired by the purchaser or displayed on the recipient vehicle until the purchaser is notified of successful completion by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency and has a valid tax disc showing the purchased number. Number plates not manufactured to the British Specification are displayed at the purchaser's own risk
(16) In the case of a purchaser not assigning a registration to their vehicle at the time of purchase but adding their name to a Retention Certificate as Nominee, we will need the following worded Disclaimer to be signed :-
*** DISCLAIMER ***
If it is your intention to just add your name as the Nominee on a V778 Retention Certificate we must draw your attention to the risks this might entail. The person named as Grantee on a V778 Retention Certificate holds all control rights. By adding your name to the V778 Retention Certificate you will only be named as the Nominee and in the eyes of the law and the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency you will have no rights to the registration, thereby creating a loophole for the previous owner (the Grantee) to re-register the registration to his / her vehicle without your knowledge or consent. Should you decide to retain the registration on a V778 Retention Certificate, in view of the risks K.J.REGISTRATIONS will accept no responsibility for any consequent loss of the registration number, fees payable for the retention, the purchase price of the registration or at any time in the future be part of any dispute between you and the donor client.
K.J.REGISTRATIONS strongly advise a purchaser against the practice of adding their name as a Nominee on a V778 Retention Certificate and then instructing K.J.REGISTRATIONS to pay the vendor at that point without assigning the registration to their vehicle before such payment is made.
(17) If the purchaser fails to respond to correspondence sent by K.J.REGISTRATIONS with regards to the pending expiry of any form of certificate, K.J.REGISTRATIONS reserve the right to apply for an extension and assume ownership of the registration, thereby considering the original purchase void. In such cases the failure to complete will be the responsibility of the purchaser and no refund will be given.
(18) K.J.REGISTRATIONS reserve the right to terminate any agreement at any time prior to a transfer / retention / assignment being completed. If this occurs then any payment received from the purchaser will be refunded in full.
(19) In addition to these Terms Of Business the following apply with regard to Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency Select Registrations. The purchased registration must be assigned within 10 years of purchase to a vehicle in the name of the specified Nominee. If the registration is not assigned within 10 years and the purchaser does not apply for a further 10 years extension then their right to the registration will lapse. The purchase price will not be refunded. The person or company in whose name the vehicle is / is to be registered will be the Nominee. When K.J.REGISTRATIONS purchase a registration directly from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency on behalf of the purchaser the full sum will always be payable to K.J.REGISTRATIONS prior to the registration being secured. If the purchase is unsuccessful the purchaser will receive a full refund provided the failure was not a fault of the purchaser.
(20) The Secretary of State for Transport or his agents, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency, may at any time revoke the right to a registration mark for whatever reason. In this unlikely event K.J.REGISTRATIONS cannot be held responsible. K.J.REGISTRATIONS are also not liable for any change in Government legislation in the future or its consequences.
The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) is an Executive Agency of the Department for Transport (DfT).
Car registrations are not items of property in their own right and may be withdrawn by the Secretary of State at anytime. Many of the car registrations we have available involve a third party. Therefore we MUST check availability before we can confirm that it is possible to transfer a registration. With regard to the Distance Selling Regulations, we must notify you that as the contract will begin as soon as payment is made, the cooling off period and right to cancel will no longer apply. This website contains cherished number plates from our own stock, customer car registrations and Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency stock.
We reserve the right to withdraw from sale or change the price of any private number plate without notice. All personalised number plates on this website are subject to a Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency Transfer / Assignment / Retention Fee and some are also subject to VAT at 20%. Additional costs are sometimes applicable for the transfer of personalised number plates to N.Ireland. E&OE.